Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Karina's First Blood Draw

Today Karina, Grandpa Jim and I went off to the doctor's office to get Karina's blood drawn. I was quite apprehensive about the whole thing and was really glad that Grandpa came along. Although everyone else at the doctor's office was really nice, the lab tech was like this bitter, angry lady who was not going to have sympathy for anyone in her lab. Karina was very good...she didn't even cry at all during what seemed to take absolutely forever for the evil lab lady (see post from 3/2/06 to hear more about the troll lady!) to squeeze out some blood from Karina's heel and then the troll reported that it didn't work right and she'd have to do it again!! Still Karina didn't shed a tear, but she did decided that it was time to take a big poop. Grandpa and I figured that, heck, it's a doctor's office...I'm sure this has happened before...so we asked where we could change her. The evil troll lady looked at us like we were from Mars! Finally when we proposed that one option would be to change her right there on her evil lab floor, she managed to find a nurse, who had the ability to feel emotions, who helped us into a room so we could change Karina. Not a great experience, but I guess we survived and hopefully Karina's heel is no worse for the wear.

1 comment:

lwyro said...

That evil troll lady sounds awful! Especially if she acted the same way on two different occasions, it's not like she was just "having a bad day" the first time!