Saturday, December 23, 2006

Karina's All-Star Week

She stood up on her own!

We waited months for Karina to crawl and now within one week she's crawled, pulled up to standing and learned to do expressive dance!

Today I was wrapping some presents and I had the lid for the wrapping paper container on the floor next to the end table. (see below) Karina crawled up to the lid, used it to kneel and then grabbed the edge of the table and pulled herself up. She was very proud...and she immediately began to pull everything off of the table...of course!
Karina looking less than thrilled while she stands using only one hand to support herself. Ho Hum!

This picture just cracks me up every time I look at it! I believe she's trying to lift up the whole table! What a funny girl! Look at that expression...you can practically hear her grunting she's working so hard...and standing on her toes, too!

Most Fridays, Quentin and Lisa are kind enough to trek over to our house to spend some time with us...although we know they're really only coming over to see Karina. This last week, there was some music playing on the TV and when Karina seemed to be listening to it, Quentin began dancing in his seat. Karina watched him for a few seconds, smiled broadly and then began dancing herself. The amazing thing is that she didn't just dance like most kids...just kind of bouncing straight up and down...but rather she began "grooving!" I mean she was rotating her shoulders, arching her back, tilting and shaking her head, leaning side to side...and this was all while sitting on the ground. As we replayed the music segment...thanks to TiVo...and we helped Karina stand up, she and Quentin really got going. It's the most hilarious when she sticks out her rear end and kind of writhes around to the music. She's really got rhythm! Since then Daddy has taken this opportunity to reintroduce Karina to music of the 80's...some of Daddy's favorite music...and has found that Karina seems to enjoy it, too. Apparently, one morning while I was away, they were jamming to the 80's and Karina was crawling around but would stop periodically to wag her head and bottom to the beat. Unfortunately, although we've captured the dancing on video, it's not well reproduced in photos, so here's another cute picture of Karina instead!
I love my Exersaucer!

1 comment:

lwyro said...

I love the color of her tights with the denim skirt!! ;)