At Gymboree, Karina has been going to School Skills, basically a pre-preschool class, where she is dropped off for two hours with a couple of teachers and a handful of other kids. She loves this class so much and she really feels comfortable with the kids, teachers and environment. One day, I came to pick her up and she yelled, "Look Mommy, I can hang!" And there she was hanging from the overhead bars, having apparently learned it from the other kids! She was so proud of herself!
I recently figured out that we can access certain movies from our Netflix account for instant viewing on the TV, and the only one that we had in our queue appropriate for a toddler (somewhat) was WALL-E. Well, long story short, Karina absolutely loved it and the funniest trigger is now associated with it. It just so happened that the first day she watched WALL-E was the first day Karina liked macaroni and cheese (she's tried it a dozen times before but never enjoyed it.) That day, I made it from scratch, but since then she's gotten Annie's "bunny" mac 'n cheese...shaped like bunnies...and liked those, too. Now, however whenever I suggest she might like macaroni and cheese to eat, Karina always yells, "Bunny noodles and WALL-E!" Just like there must always be a Nuk in her mouth while holding Uh-Uh (the bunny blanket), she seems to feel that she cannot eat bunny noodles without WALL-E!
Karina continues to "love" her Tommy, (she always asks strangers if they "...want to see my Tommy?") although the manner in which she expresses this love is sometimes of questionably loving quality. Observe the following progression below:
(Tommy this is proof for you when you get older and Karina tries to deny she ever took advantage of your compromised state as an infant!)
No comments:
Post a Comment