Friday, April 13, 2007

Our Good Luck Charm

A few weeks ago, while looking at patio furniture, Karina and I were out at Laacke & Joys. I was waiting for the salesperson to return with some pricing information and noticed they were having a raffle for these really cool French (as in "made in France") chaise lounge type chairs. We'd been thinking about getting a couple of them down the road anyway so I figured I might as well enter the contest. So I wrote out my name, then Tom's name...and since I was still waiting I decided to write down Karina's name, too...I did draw the line at Bart (our cat.) I know it's easy to say after the fact, but I swear I had this feeling that we were going to win. When I looked at the caller ID number when the phone rang on Tom's Birthday (coincidentally) and saw Laacke & Joys, I knew we had won. But what I didn't expect was that Karina had won. After stammering a bit following the caller's request to "...speak to Karina Heinrich, please?" I finally said, "Um, she's isn't in right now...may I take a message?" Smooooth, Tanya...

Karina in her prize chairs

Our lucky charm!

Karina and I went out the next day, got the chairs and set them up in the house with big red bows to surprise Daddy with his special birthday presents! Karina is now officially our good luck charm! Anyone up for Potawatomi?

Karina playing around with her bunny blankie

No comments: