Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Getting Ready

Beautiful Karina loves her Tommy...even though he gave a Wolverine style three-fingered scratch on her right cheek that has become a unfading scar since she's been in the sun

Getting ready for Uncle Quentin's wedding, I've been waiting for the scar to go away on Karina's cheek, but it has been there for a couple of weeks now and seems to have "settled in"! I guess I'll have to start rubbing her cheek to get the tanned scar tissue off of her face so she doesn't look like a attack victim in her beautiful flower girl dress!

"You can see two of the three marks (the third one is under her hair) on her right cheek from when Tommy unintentionally scratched her during roughhousing

Karina had a tough time when I was pregnant and really had a hard time doing too much with her, so it's been better lately for her overall behavior and our relationship is less strained. I'll mention this now so that years from now when our relationship may not be as harmonious, we, or at least I, can look back and remember how it was and hopefully will be when Karina is a grown woman. The other day Beth asked Karina who her best friend was. She said, "Mommy." I can't type this without tears forming...

A depiction of Mommy, complete with forehead wrinkles!

Karina draws a lot of faces and I always try to ask her who it is that she's drawn. She told me that this one was a picture of me. When I asked what the lines on the top were, "Those are on your forehead," she said pointing at my "worry line" wrinkles on my forehead. Gotta love childhood lack of censorship. She was completely accurate...I guess I've been frowning a lot lately!

Another piece of Karina's life has been her potty seat. She never really used the potty chair because she was too tall to make it comfortable. So she's used this Baby Bjorn brand potty seat that she decorated with stickers back in November of 2008. I thought we should have a photo of it.


Karina's potty seat. Notice she personalized it by covering the Baby Bjorn logo with Elmo's face! Cute!

Otherwise we've been getting ready to start school. Karina and Daddy went shopping for school supplies and we've been gathering more school appropriate clothes. She's so fun to shop for because everything looks so cute on her. The only trouble we've had is in finding jeans that are not too long, but yet fit her waist and don't leave her behind peeking out. Karina has such a long torso, I've decided the best way to keep her from flashing her behind at everyone is to simply by tunic length tops so her waist is covered even if she's hanging out a bit in the back! She's had her last School Skills class and we're hoping that Karina has fun, learns a lot and that Mommy and Daddy don't fail in all of our responsibilities to get Karina to school on time (Mommy's problem) and to have her equipped with the right things at the right times!

No comments: