Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Oktoberfest I

Our little Frauleins looking so beautiful in their dirndls

This weekend we went to Oktoberfest with the Heinrich clan. It was obviously the first time for Tommy and Claire, but Karina and Elsa, now veteran 'festers, we're both dressed to the hilt and excited as could be.

Karina started the night by singing to German songs with Opa

Karina and Elsa in awe of the anvil player

Then after Elsa arrived the two of them danced, sang and watched the performances. They especially loved the man playing the anvil...yes, the blacksmith tool, the anvil. They ate popcorn and authentic German food, chicken and brats.

Frau Heinrich and Herr Mattern (is the German correct anyone?)

Karina's Gammy and Grampa were also present and Karina got to fool around with Grampa in this silly German photo. Karina spent quite a bit of time watching the older kids play at the putt-putt golf course. I'll bet she'll be able to try it next year!

As the evening continued the girls got more and more hyper and at one point while dancing Karina thought it would be funny to pull up her skirt and show off her underpants! I tried to ignore it so as not to give any positive reinforcement but I had to get just one photo to be able to show Karina when she's older and I need coersive material!

Karina's exploitive dancing!

Tommy on the table

For the little ones, Tommy and Claire spent most of their time sitting on the table although Tommy got to go out on the dance floor a few times when the crowds were small early on in the evening.

Tommy looking absolutely adorable in his lederhosen (it was actually a costume for a "German boy")

Tommy bouncing on the dance floor with Grandma

The obligatory "baby drinking a beer" photo that all Daddy's seem to find hysterically funny!

Tommy enjoying his Grandma...

...his Gammy...

...his Gammy again...

...and his Aunt Katie

Tommy's overall verdict appears to be "I love Oktoberfest!"

No comments: