Thursday, October 29, 2009

Beautiful Karina

Our beautiful Karina

Karina has been having a tough time adjusting to "childcare" at school. Her normal weekday, except for Tuesday, consists of school from 8am to 11am and I pick her up at 11:15am, but on Tuesdays she stays for lunch and plays with the other kids until Daddy picks her up around 5pm. She says she misses us and that's why she doesn't like childcare. But the other day when Daddy picked her up, she announced that, "I love childcare!" We were so happy to hear this, and hopefully it is a sign of adjustment, but unfortunately her "love" didn't seem to last and she's already been anxiously inquiring, "Do I have childcare today?" and when I answer in the negative, she says, "Pheww!" as she wipes the back of her hand across her forehead. Never lacking with the drama, my little girl! We'll see what she says about childcare this week!

Karina has been into using the computer and iPhone applications for awhile now, but she's really gotten very good at using the mousepad. She plays educational games on a couple of websites, including PBS.org and a Nick Jr website. She can play for hours...I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I've let her play that long (only a few occasions!)...and usually requires my help every 5-10 minutes because she's accidentally hit a link that opens another window and she can't get back, or she's inadvertently scrolled up or down so she can't see the game anymore and can't fix it. I have taught her how to find the "back" arrow so she can sometimes get herself back to the right screen as long as she hasn't opened a new window. I'd like to find some other sites even more focused on learning, but it is nice for her to do a sitting activity when I need to feed Tommy or fold laundry, etc.

Using Mommy's laptop

Gammy comes over to visit and help out almost every Thursday and Karina loves it. They do all sorts of fun activities from art projects to cooking jobs to dancing and music making.

Karina and Gammy

Posing with her baseball bat

No comments: