Apparently she was actually plotting her next move, because the very next day she started "exploring her environment"...not by crawling but by rolling...over and over and over! It's hilarious! She can actually go from room to room by rolling! So far her to biggest obstacles are, well...obstacles! Her larger toys become baby speed bumps/road blocks, because when she runs into one, she gets stuck and can't get enough momentum to roll over it. So we try to clear a path for her. The other difficulty has been running into walls and furniture...usually with her head..as she completes the roll over with a thud! Here she is after rolling into the archway.
Unfortunately, she frequently attempts the roll over a second time only to bang her head into the same obstacle again! Ouch! So far no bruises!On the crawling front, we have witnessed her actually trying to pull her knees up under her when laying (lying?...no matter how many times I've tried to learn the correct useage of those words I've never been able to master it! Stupid English language!) on her tummy, and she has leaned over from a sitting position, into a crawling position but can't support her weight with her arms and falls onto her tummy. So, although I thought she might just roll around and then walk, (because she can stand unassisted for many minutes after being helped into that position) I now believe that crawling is in her near future...and baby-proofing the house will be in Mommy and Daddy's near future! Yipee! :(
Karina proudly standing on her own!
Karina proudly standing on her own!
2 comments:
That is hilarious! I can just picture her rolling around the house. It also seems very smart and resourceful--she didn't have the physical ability to crawl, so she figured out a different way. Intelligence will certainly serve her better than arm strength down the road anyway! : )
She looks so proud standing with the car seat :)
Post a Comment