Sunday, February 18, 2007

The Babysitter

Well, last night we jumped a big hurdle and finally had a babysitter who was not a family member! We've been so fortunate with such loving family...and coincidentally also such a boring social life...that it hasn't been difficult to stay away from the teenaged babysitter. Last night we hired a 15 year-old daughter of a friend of Bonnie's, to babysit Karina for a few hours while Mommy and Daddy went to a late starting basketball game. Mommy wrote out a short novel of information...reminiscent of the novel I wrote out for Beth's first day when I first went back to work...and got Karina all fed and dressed in her jammies...ready for bed with the babysitter.

Erin, the babysitter, had to be a little late so her mom, Kim, helped out during the 45 minute absence...and although we tried to sneak out...Karina was wailing as we left. However, we had a bottle, the pacifier and Sesame Street all prepared for the occasion, and according to Erin, when she arrived Karina was snuggled up in her mom's arms watching Sesame Street. We called home about an hour and a half later and Erin said that Karina was still awake and had been crying while she put up a good fight to get the sleep sack on, but had stopped crying right before I called. When we got home Karina and Erin were both asleep...and neither one worse for the wear. I guess Karina quietly laid down and fell asleep at about 9:00 pm. Yet another milestone uneventfully passed!

No comments: