Monday, March 05, 2007

HEADLINE: Heinrich Gets Fourth Tooth

Karina discloses, "Teething is for the birds!"

I think it's finally safe to say that Karina's appetite is better...and in one week she's already getting her double chin and poochy tummy back. Unfortunately, the returned appetite coupled with the four-tooth teething spurt has meant many instances of mid-night feedings...something we'd been lucky enough to avoid for the most part since Karina was a couple of months old. For that reason and that I'm happy she's hungry again...it's hard to feel justified in complaining, yet when you're tired and Karina's up again, it's hard not to complain!

Karina chewing on her vibrating teething star

"Here's what I think about teething...pfthbtt!

Regardless of the general lack of sleep, Karina hasn't stopped improving when it comes to standing up and kneeling down. Now she can do it even if all she has is a ledge that she can barely reach...and of course, something like Bart to motivate her, as below.
And since that means she can reach the top of the table...a fact I learned when I heard her sliding a large heavy glass bowl back and forth across the table, luckily not to the floor, we've had to remove almost everything from every table we own. It makes it seems like there's not much purpose in keeping those tables out in our house, because they're pretty much useless. Also, I don't know what planet I'm from that I was thinking that we wouldn't need doorknob guards until Karina was like 3 years old, but as you can see below, Karina's having no trouble getting her little hands around that doorknob today!

Karina attempting a late night escape in her jammies!

No comments: