Today was my second Mother's Day and I couldn't feel like a luckier Mom to have a sweet, smart and adorable daughter like Karina! Also, I have a husband who is basically the Dali Lama of the gift world and always seems to find me a present even though I feel like I have everything I could ever need. But now I have a beautiful new watch...which, given the fact that my wrist has been bare for going on 4 months now, should have been an easy one for me to anticipate!
We met Grandma Mary and Opa, together with Aunts Katie and Lee, Uncle Bob and Great-Aunt Beth for a Mother's Day brunch. Karina and Elsa sat together...right across from Grandma. I think she had the best Mother's Day of all! They were very cute...sharing sugar packets (pink, blue and white!) as well as trying to share a kiss...Karina loves giving kisses!
I'm not sure what they're doing here, but I think Karina might be teaching Elsa how to do the "tapping-fists gimme-five"...you know, when you tap fists instead of slapping hands for a "Give me five!" (Please excuse my ignorance but I have no idea what that's called! And now I'm actually freaking out because I've just had a glimpse into my future when Karina's 15 years old and is completely embarrassed by me because I'll be so clueless about what's "hip!" And to illustrate that point, let me highlight that I just used the words "freaking out," "clueless" and "hip" and I'll bet those are already phrases that would cause the average teenager to howl with laughter!) But, I digress...(us old people...we do tend to ramble on...)...


