Saturday, May 23, 2009

Playtime

Karina and her Daddy have been spending a lot of time together since Tommy was born and while Daddy is still partially off work. Last week they went to buy a puzzle of the United States and here they are before and after assembly.

Karina was excited to learn that she is from "Sconsin" (Wisconsin) and that Mommy and Gammy grew up in "Noise" (Illinois). She and Daddy were doing the puzzle another time and Daddy exclaimed he had found Wisconsin as picked up what he thought was Wisconsin (and was actually Georgia) only to be corrected by Karina when she showed him the correct piece. Now, in Daddy's defense the piece with Wisconsin shows Upper and Lower Michigan and Lake Michigan as well, so it doesn't look as much like Wisconsin as Georgia does. Daddy said, "I was just corrected by a three-year-old!"

Otherwise, Karina continues to get better and better at riding the tricycle, throwing, ("She throws like a natural basketball player!" says Gammy...I guess all of that NCAA on TV rubbed off on her...catching (she throws her sippy cup or Uh-Uh in the air and catches it) and even jumping (yesterday she was jumping off of the bench/windowsill in the living room). She's a really good artist and her drawings of people are so interesting...I wish I could scan one so I could post it! She learned how to do a summersalt a few weeks ago and she watches our neighbor girl doing cartwheels and handstands with envy. She continues to be very helpful with Tommy by entertaining him, and since he is fascinated by her it makes it easy!

Karina loves her baby brother!

Another big excitement for Karina is that she was just invited to join the wedding party of her Uncle Quentin and Aunt-to-be Lisa as their flower girl! She seems very happy about this and I guess only time will tell if her performer side will take over and allow her to feel no fear of the mass of people that will be watching her as she walks down the aisle!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She will be such a cute Flower Girl!! She is getting so big, and Tommy is too! They're both so cute!