Interestingly sleep, or rather the patterns of sleep, seem to be the biggest change for Tommy lately. He used to be an incredibly predictable sleeper...sleeping 4-6 hours between every feeding and had increased to being awake an hour or so after a feeding. But starting last weekend he has had occasional days during which he hardly slept at all except for "resting" during the feeding, a catnap in the Baby Bjorn or a 20 minute snooze in the swing. This makes for a very long day for Mommy...but does pretty much ensure he'll sleep all night long. He slept from 10pm to 5am last Friday night and from 9pm to 6am this Friday night. At first I was quite upset because I had no break the entire day from either child and my back was tired from using the Baby Bjorn all day long, but now I feel better about it because I know it probably won't be that way every day and I know I should get a good night's sleep afterward.
Otherwise, Tommy continues to be extremely sweet and absolutely adorable when he's fed and not sleepy. And even when he's tired he's a very tolerant and resiliant boy. He still hardly ever cries and can sometimes be put down to sleep when he's awake but sleepy.
He laughs, smiles and talks/coos even more this week and he's getting noticeable stronger in his legs...he can support his own weight for a second...and in his torso. He's also taken to holding his hands in front of him and moving them purposefully...waving his fingers or trying to grab something.
He laughs, smiles and talks/coos even more this week and he's getting noticeable stronger in his legs...he can support his own weight for a second...and in his torso. He's also taken to holding his hands in front of him and moving them purposefully...waving his fingers or trying to grab something.
No comments:
Post a Comment