Friday, October 06, 2006

Karina Said Her First Word!

Well, not exactly...but all witnesses heard and the camcorder recorded her uttering a breathy "Ka...Tuh" (aka cat) multiple times. She said it first while home alone with Gammy (Gramma Joy), by making a "Tuh" sound . Then when Gammy was trying to get Karina to say it again for Mommy, (we'd say "Ka-Tuh" and she repeat it), I had the camcorder running and she said the whole word multiple times. Karina repeated it yet again when Quentin and Lisa were over...everyone heard it! She didn't roll over early, sit up early or crawl early...I guess maybe this is the "thing" that she's doing early!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Karina!!! I bet you sound as cute as you look!

Lee said...

Her first word! How exciting! I can't wait to hear it. : )

Love the blog! It is a handy way to keep a record of their accomplishments (I haven't touched Elsa's beautiful baby book either).

Tanya said...

After writing this post and hearing from Tom's mom and my mom, I learned that talking early is a distinct possibility for Karina. Apparently, both Tom and I spoke before we were one year old. Tom allegedly asked for a "cookie" at 9 months old!