Thursday, February 08, 2007

One Year Appointment

Karina weighed in at 22lbs 1.4oz or for those of you who use the metric system, she weighs exactly 10 kilograms. This was a gain of about 3.5 pounds which was reassuring, especially since she's been eating so poorly the past month. I had figured she'd have barely gained any weight at all, so I was very glad when I heard the numbers. She had dropped off her weight curve with her 9 month weight, but now she's back on track. Yay! She measured 31 inches tall so she's close to the 65% for weight and the 95% for height. I don't care what the numbers say...she still looks skinny to me!

Unfortunately, her overall experience was less than enjoyable and she cried through almost the whole appointment. I don't think anything really hurt her but she seemed to have a bad feeling about the situation from the start and began crying when Daddy just tried to place her on the scale. It was down hill from there...imagine how unpleasant the ear exam is if you don't even like sitting on the scale! I guess the timing is right developmentally for her to start complaining about things like this...I just hope she's not like her Mommy was when she was a kid and begins crying on the way to the doctors appointment because she's so afraid of the shots!

Speaking of shots, she got a new one, the MMR (measles, mumps, rubella), which is good especially since there was that outbreak of mumps last year and she got to enjoy yet another lab draw...luckily the evil troll lab tech lady was nowhere to be found...for mandatory lead testing. At 15 months she gets a few more shots then none until she's 4 years old! Wow!

1 comment:

lwyro said...

Good thing the evil troll lady wasn't there. She would probably be worth complaining about to somebody if you have another experience with her!! Yikes!